Young Leaders Program
For the first time, the South China Sea International Conference will include a Special Session for Young Leaders to provide their thoughts and suggestion for the way forward. To make the Conference more diverse and inclusive, next-generation leaders under the age of 35, are invited to engage with selected Young Leaders in extended webinar sessions.
Up to 30 participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Relevant background knowledge in political science, international relations, and other social sciences;
- Have interests in the South China Sea issue;
- Aged from 21 to 35 years old;
- Fluent in English;
- Good presentational skills.
What Do We Expect?
Next-generation leaders are expected to participate in the four Sessions on Day 1 of the Conference. On Day 2, an extended webinar session will be hosted by the organizers to discuss subject matter relevant to the next-generation leaders’ interests. The food-for-thought comments provided by next-generation leaders’ discussion will be presented in the Special Session.
- Full participation in the 12 South China Sea International Conference;
- Engagement with other next-generation participants in various webinar sessions specially designed for Young Leaders;
- Your innovative ideas and suggestions will be presented at the Conference.
- Deadline for registration: 1200 (Hanoi), Thursday November 12, 2020
- Orientation Session: 1630-1700 (Hanoi)/0930-1000 (GMT), Friday 13, 2020
- Next-generation Leaders Session: 1000-1040 (Hanoi)/1700-1740 (GMT), Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- Special Session: Young Leaders’ Perspectives: 1630-1700 (Hanoi)/0930-1000 (GMT), Tuesday, November 17, 2020
How To Apply
Participants who are keen to join should fill in the registration form here. A link to the Young Leaders Programs zoom meeting and further information will be sent to successful applicants via email.